Random Aida Moments
So, um, Aida talks, like, all the time. She is such a crazy little gabberjaws and is keeping us constantly entertained with the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I've been keeping a running list of some of the stuff she says, more for me to remember than anything since half this stuff is more how she says it then what she says, but I figured I would finally post it all. Until I start creating Aida podcasts, this will have to do. :)
Aida phrases "sensory" (for lack of a better word) questions by always making it about her. Instead of "Did you hear that?" it's "What am I hearing?" She also asks things like "Where am I hurt?" "What am I feeling?" "What do I see?" Not sure why she does it, but it's something I kind of love about her.
I hung up a new picture in the living room and when saw it she stared at it for a few minutes and then said, "What the heck is that?" I swear I don't know where she learns this stuff.
Aida's catchphrase right now is "Do you hear that making that noise?" Go ahead and say it a few times, it has a nice rhythm to it and she says it all the time whenever she hears the slightest sound, especially during bedtime.
Zack bought Aida a small heart-shaped mylar balloon for Valentine's Day. No helium, just one of those small ones on a stick. She carried it around everywhere all day and took it in her crib at bedtime. She must have rolled over on it or something, because she suddenly sat up and said:
Aida: (very distraught) What happened to my balloon?!!?
Me: (seeing the tear in the mylar near the stick) It popped, Aida, there's a rip at the bottom and all the air came out.
A: (examining the rip and then putting on a big smile) It's OK, mom, don't worry, Dada can fix it.
M: I don't think Dada can fix this, Aida. It's just ripped.
A: (still with a big smile, taking on a consoling voice for her poor mama who just doesn't seem to understand) No, it's OK, don't worry. Dada can be the man, he can fix it in his garage.
And then she laid back down with that sad little crumpled balloon next to her on the pillow, confident in her knowledge that Dada can fix anything, especially if he takes it out to the garage.
Aida seems to have picked up a little bit of an accent while in Texas. Everything is suddenly a two-syllable word. For example: "I want to get day-own" and "Aw, that is so key-ute!" and "There's a hay-air on my jacket." This will probably fade but it's still pretty funny.
I love when little kids are learning new words and expanding their vocabulary because there is lots of room for funny mispronunciations. One of Aida's is how she refers to her pajamas. I think she obviously got the "P" and the "J" sound mixed up when calling them "PJs" and instead she calls them "cheebays" as in "I don't want to put on my cheebays!" This is one of our favorites and we have no intention of correcting her anytime soon.
I was putting Aida to bed the other night and right after I tucked her in and was about to leave she whispered, "Mama, you're my best friend ever." Well if that doesn't completely melt your heart, nothing will. That alone probably made up for all the potty-training stress. :)
If Aida is really enthusiastic about a question you ask her instead of just a simple "Yes!" she says "I sure do!" This is one where you really have to hear it to appreciate the cuteness, but trust me, it's incredibly cute.
OK, I think that's all my little Aida moments I want to remember right now. I do still have one more thing though. Zack's brother and family came into town last week so we all shared a condo up in Breckenridge and took a few days to ski. My mom found Aida a small pair of skis at a thrift store and she loves wearing them in the house so we let her try them on a bunny slope behind our condo, which inspired this awesome video from Zack.
I guess, according to Zack, all of her previous motor skills accomplishments (crawling, walking) were just preparation for the moment she could get out on some skis. He will always be a Minnesota boy at heart. :)

3 Comments:
Okay- so she is the cutest thing ever! Love the video and all her cute sayings. Cant wait to see the two of you in a few weeks.
I LOVE the idea of an Aida podcast. 90% of the time I'm listening or watching media is podcasts on my ipod. PLEASE do this!!!
Monica!
Your little girl is the cutest! I love your posts
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home