Monday, December 08, 2008

Aida says...

Aida is saying the funniest things these days so I thought I would start writing them down so I can remember them all. I'm sure the grandparents will love this type of thing too. I'll probably create a post and just keep adding to it and maybe post it once a week or so...

We recorded a Tinkerbell movie off the TV the other day and Aida has been watching it a lot. Yesterday I taught Aida how to sing "Jingle Bells." Today, she woke up and asked if she could watch "Tinkerbell all the way." I guess that makes sense if you think about it. :)

We started potty-training Aida a few months ago and then mostly abandoned the effort. We just started up again and this time things are going really well, partly in thanks to the big "potty chart" that she gets to put stickers on when she uses the potty. One of the "great" things about having kids is they are always up in your grill, including while you are using the bathroom, especially if they are also learning to use the bathroom and want to see everything that is going on. So today, Aida was in the bathroom with me and when I finished, she came over and gave me a big hug and said in her best excited voice "Good job!! I'm so proud of you! Do you want a sticker?" Aw thanks, but I don't need the sticker, I just want to wash my hands.

Aida pronounces words pretty well for the most part but there are still some words that I can't quite catch. I gave her a box of raisins yesterday for a snack and a little later she came back into the kitchen and asked for a "ball."
Me: "You want a ball?"
Aida: "No, my "baaaaall"? (really exaggerating the "ahhh" sound)
Me: "Do you want me to find your ball?"
Aida: (Huge sigh and then opening her mouth into a really big "o" shape and dragging out the vowel even longer) "No, my "boooooooowwwwl!"
Me: "Oh, a BOWL!!"
And then I swear if she could have rolled her eyes she would have, I'm sure it must be hard for her living with someone like me that can't even understand basic words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home