What's for Lunch?
Around the beginning of November, I was browsing on one of my favorite sites and I found a bunch of listings for play food made out of felt. I became instantly obsessed and decided I wanted to make some for Aida for Christmas. A couple of the shops just sold the patterns so I bought a few that I liked and decided to start with a sandwich. I am not crafty at all and don't even own a sewing machine so there was a lot of trial and error and trips to the fabric store to get the supplies. I found a couple of tutorials on the web for the different types of stitches and jumped right in. I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out considering I started with zero sewing skills. Aida seemed really happy with it and recognized it as a sandwich as soon as she opened it, so I think that is a good sign. :)
Here are all the fixings for the sandwiches. I decided to make two full sets so there are 4 pieces of bread, 4 cucumbers (or maybe pickles, depends on who you ask), 2 tomatoes, 2 pieces of lettuce, 2 pieces of chedder, 2 pieces of swiss, 2 slices of turkey, and 2 slices of ham.

After the sandwich I started working on a set of felt fruit. So far I've only completed the apple and the banana:
I obviously overstuffed the apple, I don't like that you can see so much white when it is all together and I should of used yellow thread on the outside of the banana peel. I didn't even think about it until it was all done and at that point I wasn't about to cut it out and start over. The apple velcros together for a whole apple or comes apart for slices and the banana can be "peeled".
Seriously, how cute is that banana? I'm still working on the orange slices and watermelon to finish the fruit. My next project will be a pizza with all the toppings and after that, if I'm feeling super ambitious, a tea set. I'll keep posting pictures as I finish everything.

Here are all the fixings for the sandwiches. I decided to make two full sets so there are 4 pieces of bread, 4 cucumbers (or maybe pickles, depends on who you ask), 2 tomatoes, 2 pieces of lettuce, 2 pieces of chedder, 2 pieces of swiss, 2 slices of turkey, and 2 slices of ham.
After the sandwich I started working on a set of felt fruit. So far I've only completed the apple and the banana:
Lunch anyone? :)
Labels: felt food

5 Comments:
I love it you go crafty!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Look at you! Very cute, I wish I could sew!
I never knew you were so crafty. I'm way impressed. Aida is the cutest thing ever btw.
Also, so sad to hear about your grandpa. I loved him- he was so cute.
And- we should talk about mary's wedding.
I LOVE them! Now you're making me feel like getting crafty. So cute.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home