Mom, you can stop saying "I told you so" now
So....its been awhile since I've posted. :) But, as of 3 weeks ago today I am an official stay at home mom. We decided after my last tradeshow for me to quit my full-time job and stay home with Aida. What's nice is that when I gave my notice at my company, they offered me a contract job that I can do part-time at home and goes through the end of July.
Everybody keeps asking how's it going and so far so good, I think. I've been able to get a lot done around the house, I planted a garden, and am starting to learn where all the cool splash parks are in town.
I took Aida to a really great cafe in Boulder today that has a big play area for kids so I could work while she played (such a good idea). It was so cute to see her playing with some other kids that were probably twice her age. Sometimes she was playing with them and sometimes by herself, and all the sudden I had this bittersweet wave and it broke my heart a little bit. When did she become such a little kid? And I flashed forward to the next 16 years of her life and all the ups and downs and friends and fun but also, you know, childhood, with the teasing and hurt feelings and, oh my gosh, STOP GROWING UP SO FAST!
It just makes me all the more happy with our decision to stay home and spend as much time as possible with her while she still thinks I'm the coolest and funniest thing ever before she starts rolling her eyes at my jokes and makes me walk 10 feet behind her at the mall.
Everybody keeps asking how's it going and so far so good, I think. I've been able to get a lot done around the house, I planted a garden, and am starting to learn where all the cool splash parks are in town.
I took Aida to a really great cafe in Boulder today that has a big play area for kids so I could work while she played (such a good idea). It was so cute to see her playing with some other kids that were probably twice her age. Sometimes she was playing with them and sometimes by herself, and all the sudden I had this bittersweet wave and it broke my heart a little bit. When did she become such a little kid? And I flashed forward to the next 16 years of her life and all the ups and downs and friends and fun but also, you know, childhood, with the teasing and hurt feelings and, oh my gosh, STOP GROWING UP SO FAST!
It just makes me all the more happy with our decision to stay home and spend as much time as possible with her while she still thinks I'm the coolest and funniest thing ever before she starts rolling her eyes at my jokes and makes me walk 10 feet behind her at the mall.
Labels: SAHM

4 Comments:
It does go by SO fast. But so far you are doing great. Just keep loving Aida and showing her that love, even when she does roll her eyes. It will be over before you know it and you will wonder where the time went and wish you had more time to spend with her. Love, Dad
It is bittersweet, isn't it? I am feeling a bittersweet wave just reading this, knowing that everything you have said is so true. But the good news is the eye-rolling only lasts a minute (relatively speaking) and the fun and love last forever. And you and Aida personify fun and love. Love, Mom
Yeah, I am so glad you are blogging again. You are so cute. I just pictured Luke asked Aida out! Watch out!!
Hey Monica,
I'm excited you'll be blogging again, I look forward to seeing pictures and what you've been up too! Aida is a doll, I love that name by the way!! Sooo cute! -Teri
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home