'Tis The Season
I tried to be a little crafty this year when I was decorating our house for Christmas. I got the idea for hanging ornaments on the stair railing from my favorite magazine Real Simple. I modified it a little bit after I found some cute felt ornaments for .50 cents each at the craft store. I got the ribbon on sale for a buck so the whole project cost me about eight dollars. I had to play around a bit with the ribbon before I liked the way it looked. Since the ornaments have cute wooden beads I ended up just looping the ribbon and taping it instead of tying bows. I think it turned out pretty good.

Aida and I made some classic paper chains and I found some holiday scrapbook paper and made some paper stars that I strung on twine. I had the idea to have them all hanging along the top of the window overlapping each other but never got it to look quite right so I ended up putting the stars below. I'll probably try something different next year but it was fun making the chains with Aida.
And here is our tree. Zack is slowly building up his Christmas village. We are up to three buildings so we cleared out the bookshelf and put it in there. Aida loves it. She is definitely excited for Christmas this year now that she understands what is going on, I can't wait to see her face Christmas morning when she sees all the presents under the tree.

1 Comments:
Monica! We think you are doing a super job! Wish we could be there to see the house. Not a complaint, but how about some pictures of your cute family too?
Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home