Happy New Year!
Some people don't believe in New Year's resolutions but I've always liked them. I do love the idea of a new year and a fresh start to refocus my goals (and wishful thinking.) In honor of 2011, here are my 11 resolutions for the coming year:
1. Floss regularly - I mean really, I'm 32, this shouldn't be hard.
2. Stick to a night time routine - again: 32; My skin isn't getting any younger so I need to start washing my face and moisturizing every night and stop falling asleep on the couch and then just stumbling to bed.
3. Personal upkeep - I truly believe in the idea that if you feel good about the way you look it will affect the way you feel so the little things (like getting regular hair cuts) will make a difference for me.
4. Build a real wardrobe for crying out loud - I've seen every episode of What Not To Wear, I know and agree with all the "rules" and yet I still buy cheap jeans and wear boring t-shirts more often then not.
5. Lose the last 5 lbs. and tone up - most cliche resolution ever but it still applies...
6. Start making lists - I feel like I'm not staying on top of the little things lately like when something comes in the mail that I need to follow-up on the next day and then I forget all about it. I think I'm going to buy a Moleskin so I can have a nice centralized place for running lists or just use my iPod more.
7. Create a regular cleaning schedule - I was pretty good at this in our last house but since we moved and the holidays I haven't found my groove in our new house. If I can't stick to the schedule for whatever reason during the week, I at least want to make sure the house is relatively clean and picked up every Friday so we don't have to do any cleaning on the weekends.
8. Be more productive at night - after the long day and then the whole Jack & Aida bedtime routine, I usually just plop down on the couch and stay there until I fall asleep and drag myself to bed (see #2). I need to take advantage of this time with things like picking up the house, uploading and processing photos, updating the blog, etc.
9. Maintain the family budget - I set up an online software program for our budget last year and I really like it so this year I just need to make sure I am updating and tracking weekly.
10. Update this blog once a week - my friend updates her blog every Sunday with her random thoughts and pictures and it's great so I am going to start doing that too. No really, I am.
11. Launch a website - I've had a few ideas for years and honestly I just need to do it already. If I actually do, you will be the first to know.
I know I can't get away with a whole blog post just about me so I'll leave you with this adorable picture of Jack especially since I just noticed his top teeth growing in so this gummy smile won't be around much longer.
1. Floss regularly - I mean really, I'm 32, this shouldn't be hard.
2. Stick to a night time routine - again: 32; My skin isn't getting any younger so I need to start washing my face and moisturizing every night and stop falling asleep on the couch and then just stumbling to bed.
3. Personal upkeep - I truly believe in the idea that if you feel good about the way you look it will affect the way you feel so the little things (like getting regular hair cuts) will make a difference for me.
4. Build a real wardrobe for crying out loud - I've seen every episode of What Not To Wear, I know and agree with all the "rules" and yet I still buy cheap jeans and wear boring t-shirts more often then not.
5. Lose the last 5 lbs. and tone up - most cliche resolution ever but it still applies...
6. Start making lists - I feel like I'm not staying on top of the little things lately like when something comes in the mail that I need to follow-up on the next day and then I forget all about it. I think I'm going to buy a Moleskin so I can have a nice centralized place for running lists or just use my iPod more.
7. Create a regular cleaning schedule - I was pretty good at this in our last house but since we moved and the holidays I haven't found my groove in our new house. If I can't stick to the schedule for whatever reason during the week, I at least want to make sure the house is relatively clean and picked up every Friday so we don't have to do any cleaning on the weekends.
8. Be more productive at night - after the long day and then the whole Jack & Aida bedtime routine, I usually just plop down on the couch and stay there until I fall asleep and drag myself to bed (see #2). I need to take advantage of this time with things like picking up the house, uploading and processing photos, updating the blog, etc.
9. Maintain the family budget - I set up an online software program for our budget last year and I really like it so this year I just need to make sure I am updating and tracking weekly.
10. Update this blog once a week - my friend updates her blog every Sunday with her random thoughts and pictures and it's great so I am going to start doing that too. No really, I am.
11. Launch a website - I've had a few ideas for years and honestly I just need to do it already. If I actually do, you will be the first to know.
I know I can't get away with a whole blog post just about me so I'll leave you with this adorable picture of Jack especially since I just noticed his top teeth growing in so this gummy smile won't be around much longer.

3 Comments:
Yea! Welcome back. I loved your resolutions. Keep up the good work and good example (you make me want to do more too).
Dad
Monica! Flossing- me too! I loved your Christmas card- little Jack is a blondie. I didn't expect that. Such cute kids.
Yay for more blogging!
I'm going to steal all of your resolutions! That sound pretty good to me:) Especially the flossing one, I hate doing it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home