Letter for One Month
The author of one of my favorite blogs writes letters to her daughter every month. I thought this was a great idea and decided to do the same for Aida.
Dear Aida,
This weekend you turned one month old. The time has flown by and yet it seems like forever ago your dad and I were on our way to the hospital to have you. You have changed our life like only a new baby can and yet I can't imagine life without you now that you are here.

You spent the first 9 days of your life in the hospital and it was an exhausting week of back and forth for feedings. You still weren't breastfeeding very well so feedings were a long process of me trying to breastfeed, then bottle-feeding, and then pumping. Now, you are breastfeeding like a champ. I love the time we have together when you are feeding, even in the middle of the night. Whenever we do have to give you a bottle I miss you and your little face looking up at me.

So far, you are a very good and easy-going baby. You are not overly fussy and only cry when you actually need something (diaper change, hunger, or want to be held). You still sleep a lot but are content to just sit in your boppy looking around and waving your arms when you are awake. At night, we put you in your crib and even if you are wide awake, you will usually just hang out till eventually you fall asleep. I didn't think this was possible with a baby was until it was three or four months old which just confirms that you are months ahead of your time and obviously a genius.

However, you do scream like crazy whenever I change your diaper but immediately stop as soon as your onesie is buttoned back up. For some reason, you never cry when your dad changes your diaper. You just lie there, wide-eyed and content. I'm not sure what that is all about but your dad sure is pleased about it.

You also have the annoying habit of peeing as soon as your diaper is off. You have perfected the art of waiting till just the moment when I have taken the old diaper out from under you and am just about the put the new diaper under you. This is when you let loose for maximum coverage of pee all over the blanket and your clothes. Of course, this just means that now I have to clean you again and change your clothes and the blanket and that just means that you are screaming for longer. Again, you rarely ever do this when your dad is changing you, so thanks a lot.

About a week or so ago you started making funny little grunting noises that sound like you are constantly clearing your throat. I think you just like to hear yourself make noise. Speaking of noise, I just want you to know that right now your cry sounds like someone stepped on a dog's squeaky toy. So even when you are so mad and crying and kicking your little arms and legs for all you're worth, its still just the cutest thing your dad and I have ever seen. Maybe sometimes we let you cry just a little bit longer while we appreciate the cuteness.

You really are the prettiest baby we have ever seen and you just couldn't be any sweeter. We are so happy you decided to join our family five weeks early so we could enjoy your company for that much longer. We can't imagine our lives without you. You really are our perfect little angel baby.
I don't know if its possible to love you any more then I do today, but just wait till tomorrow and then ask me.
Love,
Mama
Dear Aida,
This weekend you turned one month old. The time has flown by and yet it seems like forever ago your dad and I were on our way to the hospital to have you. You have changed our life like only a new baby can and yet I can't imagine life without you now that you are here.

You spent the first 9 days of your life in the hospital and it was an exhausting week of back and forth for feedings. You still weren't breastfeeding very well so feedings were a long process of me trying to breastfeed, then bottle-feeding, and then pumping. Now, you are breastfeeding like a champ. I love the time we have together when you are feeding, even in the middle of the night. Whenever we do have to give you a bottle I miss you and your little face looking up at me.

So far, you are a very good and easy-going baby. You are not overly fussy and only cry when you actually need something (diaper change, hunger, or want to be held). You still sleep a lot but are content to just sit in your boppy looking around and waving your arms when you are awake. At night, we put you in your crib and even if you are wide awake, you will usually just hang out till eventually you fall asleep. I didn't think this was possible with a baby was until it was three or four months old which just confirms that you are months ahead of your time and obviously a genius.

However, you do scream like crazy whenever I change your diaper but immediately stop as soon as your onesie is buttoned back up. For some reason, you never cry when your dad changes your diaper. You just lie there, wide-eyed and content. I'm not sure what that is all about but your dad sure is pleased about it.

You also have the annoying habit of peeing as soon as your diaper is off. You have perfected the art of waiting till just the moment when I have taken the old diaper out from under you and am just about the put the new diaper under you. This is when you let loose for maximum coverage of pee all over the blanket and your clothes. Of course, this just means that now I have to clean you again and change your clothes and the blanket and that just means that you are screaming for longer. Again, you rarely ever do this when your dad is changing you, so thanks a lot.

About a week or so ago you started making funny little grunting noises that sound like you are constantly clearing your throat. I think you just like to hear yourself make noise. Speaking of noise, I just want you to know that right now your cry sounds like someone stepped on a dog's squeaky toy. So even when you are so mad and crying and kicking your little arms and legs for all you're worth, its still just the cutest thing your dad and I have ever seen. Maybe sometimes we let you cry just a little bit longer while we appreciate the cuteness.

You really are the prettiest baby we have ever seen and you just couldn't be any sweeter. We are so happy you decided to join our family five weeks early so we could enjoy your company for that much longer. We can't imagine our lives without you. You really are our perfect little angel baby.
I don't know if its possible to love you any more then I do today, but just wait till tomorrow and then ask me.
Love,
Mama

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home